We found the websites below very useful when researching sponsorship. If you know any other good websites please let us know, either by email to email@example.com or by using the feedback form on the Contact Us page, and we'll include them on this page. Thanks.
UNICEF Progress For Children Report 2004
UNICEF State of the World's Children Report 2005
BBC Country Profiles
Poverty Facts & Stats
We've received feedback from a DBIC visitor about The Hunger Site and think it’s well worth bringing to your attention. If you click on their “Give Free Food” button once a day, a food contribution is made to 25 countries around the world. It costs you nothing. This food is paid for by the companies who advertise on the site. There’s an explanation of how it all works on the site – the FAQ’s are quite good.
You can also make similar contributions to other good causes, such as breast cancer. If you want a quick charity “fix”, visit The Hunger Site every day.
"Global spending or cost in 1998 in $billions was:
- Basic education for everyone in the world 6
- Cosmetics in the United States 8
- Water and sanitation for everyone in the world 9
- Ice cream in Europe 11
- Reproductive health for all women in the world 12
- Perfumes in Europe and the United States 12
- Basic health and nutrition for everyone in the world 13
- Pet foods in Europe and the United States 17
- Business entertainment in Japan 35
- Cigarettes in Europe 50
- Alcoholic drinks in Europe 105
- Narcotics drugs in the world 400
- Military spending in the world 780"
If we'd have seen all the above facts earlier, this website might have been called any of the below:
Or even our personal favourite:
DontBuyIceCream.com Child Sponsorship Homepage : Is It For You? : Sponsorship FAQ’s : Sponsorship Experience : Which Charity? : Stats & Facts : Contact Us